Lightway Psychological Services offers clinical assessments and psychotherapeutic treatment to both children and adults with anxiety-related disorders (anxiety disorders, separation anxiety, selective mutism, specific phobia, social anxiety disorder, panic disorder agoraphobia, generalized anxiety disorder—GAD, obsessive-compulsive disorder—OCD, post-traumatic stress disorder—PTSD).
Do you, your child, or loved one:
- Experience persistent, excessive, uncontrollable worry over perceived or potential
- Experience preoccupation with intrusive thoughts and worries about dying, being infected, body image or size, etc.
- Exhibit ritualistic and excessive performance of a behavior or action, for example, repeated hand-washing, checking door locks, excessive exercise, etc.
- Avoid social situations for fear of being judged, embarrassed, or humiliated
- Experience persistent and excessive fears of or avoid objects, place, or situation that presents little or no threat of danger, for example, use of the elevator, riding a bus, flying, heights, animals, toilets, seeing blood, etc.
- Experience sudden fear or panic symptoms (fear of dying and losing control, and persistent, lingering worry or fear of having additional panic attacks or symptoms)
- Experience recurring nightmares, flashbacks, or emotional numbing related to a traumatic event that occurred several months or years before, for example, divorce, abuse, accident, family death extent that causes significant distress and interferes with daily life or existence
If you experience any of the above symptoms and you think that they are negatively interfering with your life and functionality, including social, occupational, and educational responsibilities, it might be time to seek professional treatment. Research indicates that mental health impacts various aspects of human existence, including physical health and quality of life.
Here is Hope through Enlightenment! At Lightway, our experienced and empathetic psychologists will collaborate with you, perform a structured clinical evaluation to inform your corroborated treatment plan in a safe, secure, and confidential environment.
If you are interested in this service, please contact us at 281-592-5401 or Set an Appointment at your convenience.